Tuesday, March 6, 2007

did i really say that?

i keep having flashbacks of the reading on sunday. one thing that came to me as i was walking home today was the question i posed to the white members of the audience. the words were something to the effect of 'how did it feel to be othered by me?'
did i really say that?
there was a bit of a stunned silence.
i don't remember anyone answering the question directly, and the discussion moved on in a different direction
but after the discussion had ended someone did come to speak to me.
he admitted that it didn't feel very good at all, and that the play had really caused him to think...
job done then?

1 comment:

Lara said...

Sharon, you totally didn't tell me about this site, and your play blossomed like a midnight cactus flower. Wow. I know I need to read it. I will. Gotta write this scipt before 20th April or I'm dead.

So, so glad the reading went well. Good news.

Amy xx